I am available to help you plan every aspect of your herbal business:
- product design and contents rationale
- sourcing raw materials
- pricing and costing
- good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures
- legal and licensing issues
- business planning
- marketing and promotions
I have over 30 years in the herbal industry and have worked extensively in USA, Canada and UK.
As well as being a clinician with a private practice specializing in holistic oncology, I am trained in GACP (good agricultural and collection practices) and I run a small herb farm, growing herbs for my clinic.
In 1993, I started an herbal medicine manufacturing facility and a retail shop in Vancouver, BC with $20,000 and a lot of hope and faith. Eleven years later when I sold up to buy land in the country, the business was debt free and turning over $1.45 million annually, employing 10 people full time and another 18 people part time with two retail outlets and a mail order division shipping to over 25 countries.
During those years I designed and developed almost 600 products that we sold under our own label.
- 35 herbal tincture blends for health care
- 45 herbal tea blends for health care and for pleasure
- Aromatherapy blends for various health concerns
- Skin care products for different skin types (cleansers, toners, moisturizers, scrubs, masques etc)
- Body oils
- Aromatherapy perfume blends
- Aromatherapy room spray blends
- Bath and hair care products
- Natural pet products
From 1996 – 2002, I was a member of three different consecutive advisory committees established by Health Canada to review and create regulations for natural health products. This culminated in the formation of the Natural Health Products Directorate in Ottawa where I subsequently held an advisory capacity during the start up phase.